APCD provides opportunities for students who are enrolled in Bachelor's degree/Master's degree courses at universities to undertake an internship with one of its departments/offices located in Bangkok, Thailand. The programme aims to expose the intern to the day-to-day work and the missions of APCD, promote a better understanding of issues on disability and development in Asia and the Pacific, and to introduce the intern to the multinational working environment of APCD.
The programme will enhance the intern's international experience through practical assignments, along with providing the host department/office at APCD in various specialized professional fields.
The internship programme is open to students who are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree/Master's degree course or other graduate programme with specialization in an area which directly relates to APCD's substantive work topics.
- The internship should not exceed 2 months, with a minimum period of 1 month in principle.
- The intern will not be paid by APCD and, will not be considered a staff member, hence he/she will not be entitled to the privileges and immunities accorded to staff members of APCD.
- All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs, travel arrangements, living accommodation, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution.
- In case that APCD assigns the intern to work outside Bangkok, the travel costs, per-diem and accommodations (if needed) will be arranged for the intern by APCD.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- APCD will not accept any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship and the intern, therefore, should have a health insurance coverage.
- There is no expectancy of employment at APCD at the end of the internship.
- The intern undertakes to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner compatible with his/her responsibilities as a participant in the APCD internship programme.
- The intern must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or paper on the basis of information obtained except with the written authorization of APCD.
- The intern will provide written notice in case of illness or other unavoidable circumstances which might prevent him/her from fulfilling the internship.
How to Apply:
Interested students who meet the eligibility criteria should submit
i) a letter of request from academic institute or university; and
ii) a curriculum vitae
by email to Chief, Networking & Collaboration, Mr. Watcharapol Chuengcharoen at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the deadlines for submitting applications as indicated in each internship announcement, which are generally three months prior to the start of the internship.
- 841 views