Working at APCD
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE TCTP (ประกาศรับสมัครล่าม)
The Asia-Pacific Development Center on Disability (APCD) will conduct a seven-day online course for the Third Country Training Program (TCTP) "Strengthening Disability-Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) in the ASEAN Region" from July 23rd (Sat) to July 29th (Fri), 2022. The 5 working days with 3 hours a day (July 25-29 will be efforted by potential interpreters in order to do simultaneous interpretation from English into Khmer, Laotian, Burmese, Thai, and Vietnamese. This position requires excellent communication skills and at least two years of interpretation experience. The deadline for submissions is July 9th. Those who are interested must send an application with a resume and a cover email.
The training participants receive simultaneous interpretation and online support from each English-to-local language interpreters (From Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam).
- Providing simultaneous interpretation;
- A fast learner with an open-minded attitude to work with people from diverse backgrounds, especially people with disabilities;
- Native speaker and good command of English, both written and spoken;
- Good pro-active communication skills;
- Good team player;
- Zoom application and computer literate;
- Assisting of present attendance of participants;
- Helping local participants active participation and answer online questions and;
- Other tasks may be assigned for appropriate communication and mutual understanding among the local participants, resource persons, facilitators, and organizers.
Questions concerning these positions can be answered by Ms. Supaanong Panyasirimongkol (Officer, Networking & Collaboration) in Community Development Department (CDD), Tel. +66 23547506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org